After a couple of months, contemplating and being stressed out because of the filling of my papers for immigration purposes, I finally had a chance to exercise my hidden skills in baking.
I learned baking cakes,cookies and all pastry stuff when I was still in high school and thanks to my mentor I still have good hands to fold and cut mixtures for pastry making. Enough of that, due to lack of oven in my flat, I’m using steaming
method for the moment. In God’s time I will be able to have my own oven.
Last thursday, I bought the needed materials for my steamed rice cakes..
So let’s start steaming:
Here are my ingredients:
4 Cups Rice Flour
3 Cups Sugar
2 1/2 Table Spoon Baking Powder
2 1/2 Cups Water
2 Cups Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Butter
Food Coloring ( optional)
- Prepare the rice cooker steamer for steaming purposes. Put water on the rice cooker and click cook and let the water boil for 20 minutes.
Here’s the procedure for the mixture:
1. Prepare a mixture bowl and sift the dry ingredients and mix them together.
Dry ingredients includes
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 2 1/2 Table Spoon Baking Powder
2. Then after mixing the dry ingredients, put the wet ingredients together and mix thoroughly. For the butter, melt them first using frying pan or microwave.
Wet ingredients includes:
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Egg
3. Mix them thoroughly until you have a smooth mixture. Separate the mixture in different bowls, this is in preparation for coloring it. I used blue and green for this recipe.Mix until the desired color is meet.
4. Now prepare your molding cups. I brushed some oil on the molding cups so as to avoid sticking the molding cups after steaming.
5. Pour out the mixture in molding cups. And put them one by one on the steamer rice cooker and so the steaming begins.
6. After 20 minutes, check your steamed steam rice cake , put in the sliced cheese on top of the steam rice cake and leave for 5 more minutes.
7. Once steam rice cake is cooked, remove the steamed steam rice cake from the steamer and let it cool aside for 5 or 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the silicon molder and your steam rice cake is now ready to serve.
This is my first time making the said steamed rice cakes and the taste is good because I have it taste tested by my father and other housemates as well as my vg mates.
Finally, I’m back on track. Now I’m planning to complete my baking utilities. I thank the Lord God above for providing me wisdom and provision for making foods and be able to share this blessings I have with me.
Somebody asked me, if I planned on making a fortune out of this. I told them, I’m in the process of sharing for the moment.
But if God wills and allows it, then Let His will be done.