Honestly, I am a frustrated chef wanna be… due to money restrictions my family can’t afford to let me enroll in one of the culinary arts school but I am blessed that I graduated from engineering and I am thankful and forever grateful to my biological father and heavenly father for leading me on this profession.
So back to cooking, my father bought a bean curd commonly known as “tofu”. So I told him I’m going to cook it for him. I try to tell him it will be like sautéed one where vegetables will be abundantly used. When he heard the word “abundantly” , he let me prepare the ingredients, so here are the ingredients:
- 1 14 oz Tofu Extra Firm and cut into cube size
- 1 Carrots
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 big onion chopped
- 1/2 cup garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup ginger chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Osyster sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1. Blanched carrots,snow peas,and broccoli in a boiling water for a minute and take it out and set aside.
2. In a wok pan, heat the olive oil and saute onion and garlic and cook in one minute.Add in the ginger and continue stirring until cooked.Stir in tofu and cook until golden brown and set aside.
3. Add carrots,bell pepper,and snow peas and continue stirring for 1 or 2 minutes and add in the oyster sauce and add 1/4 cup of water and salt to taste and cook for about 1-2 minutes and set aside. Garnished the broccoli and served.
So that’s how I cooked this stir fry tofu, and it’s a thumbs up for my father and some of my housemates. I encourage you to try this recipe and I am sure you will truly enjoy a very healthy meal.
Here’s the picture of the said recipe: