This is a sequel to the following posts:
So here’s the finale of the recent battle I had faced so far:
I have never been that courageous to speak up and even send an inquiry email with regards to my performance. I am aware that I have my flaws, but God convicted me by reminding me that I should be courageous and bold. As I am typing right now, the mail never had a reply from the persons involved, that’s why I don’t know what happened.I asked God for guidance and directions and His reply was:
You suffered along with those who were thrown into jail, and when all you owned was taken from you, you accepted it with joy. You knew there were better things waiting for you that will last forever.– Hebrews 10:34
So right now, instead of dwelling with what if and but if , I am now concerned with what is waiting for me that will last forever. I might not be entitled to that performance issues, but I know I am serving a mighty God. There are many things that God has thought me in this battle:
1. Humble yourself Ally, even though you have the skill and perform well, It is I the Lord that provided you with wisdom.
2. Submit yourself Ally to your earthly master for you are not merely working for them but for me Your God.
3. Surrender your career Ally to me your God for I know the plans I have instore for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you.
4. Be courageous and strong Ally, if you believe in a just God , He will be just in every area of your life.
5. Focus on me Your God who provided your job and not on the Job.
This hit me right in the middle of small heart in regards to my career. So with God’s grace I focused on Him as my ultimate Lord in my career. It has been a long battle for me, in terms of my career. But God is really patient and persistent in correcting and pruning me in what He wants me to be.
So instead of hanging by the said mail, I focused more on serving Him excellently via the job He had given me. But now, it’s different because I know that whatever I bind here in earth will be bind in Heaven. True enough, when I surrendered my career, God provided me a wisdom to automate our ticketing system. It was in the middle of July that I was able to use my vba skills and some report generation and end up sending a first automated reporting system to my boss and hr. I can’t do this on my own, it is only thru Him that I can serve my earthly master in an excellent way.
So to all of you who have had issue with your careers, I encourage you to go back to the basics of God’s teaching and you will have an assurance that better things are coming your way.
To god be the Glory!